Join our amazing dog walking and pet sitting team
We're on the lookout for animal lovers to join our team. If you've got a passion for animals and you think you've got what it takes to be a dog walker/pet sitter, you've come to the right place.
As a dog walker/pet sitter, you will need to:
- Have a genuine passion for dogs, cats, and pets of all shapes and sizes
- Have cared for dogs, cats, or other pets in the past
- Be prepared to assist with any basic training needs owners may have for their dog and have a general understanding of dog behaviours
- Be comfortable with walking up to four dogs at the same time
- Be comfortable with handling dogs, cats, and pets of all shapes and sizes. You will be required to play enrichment games with them, feed them, clean out feeding bowls and feeding areas, clean out housing areas, and change cat litter. You will also be required to carry out additional tasks
- Be available for work between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00 Monday to Sunday, including bank holidays
- Possess a valid driver's licence
- You will be required to use your own car or van to transport dogs for walks and to carry out your duties, such as pet taxi, puppy visits, pet sitting visits, home visits, and cat sitting visits. We will provide waterproof seat covers, a rubber boot mat, a boot guard, and dog seatbelts to help protect the interior of your car. Your vehicle must also be reliable and have fully functional air conditioning. You will be paid 45 pence per mile for any business miles that we require you to do, and in accordance with HMRC rules.
- Have a fully functional smartphone with constant access to 4G or 5G. You will be expected to upload high quality content to social media and respond to client messages. You will also use your smartphone to access company software and applications
- Be prepared to work in all weather conditions
- Have good time management and organisational skills
- Be prepared to undergo a basic criminal record check (DBS)
This is an extremely important and highly rewarding job. You'll take great satisfaction in knowing that you're making a difference to pets and their owners' lives. We'll provide on-the-job training and you'll be expected to complete relevant CPD diplomas and certificates, and training courses.
If you think you've got what it takes to be a dog walker/pet sitter, please submit your application and we'll be in touch if we decide to progress with your application.